Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Copyright Infringment

I was going to upload these to facebook but it asks you, do you have the right to these, and so I chickened out, because I don't. As if the big words across the center of each picture wouldn't give that away! Not that it's any more legal here, but at least blogspot doesn't ask.



But anyway, these are from my horse riding competition from June. I was in two classes. I won the first and lost the second. The horse I was riding, Bingo, went a bit crazy right after this. And I totally lost control during the second class. He was afraid of the people standing on the outside of the arena. He's also afraid, terrified actually, of donkeys. I am given to phobias myself, so I have nothing but sympathy for him.



He looks so alert, so ready for anything, and he is, he's ready to run like the wind should any donkeys, random people, scarves blowing in the wind, or any thing else he deems a potential threat come his way.

In fact we were supposed to go from here to stand by the judges in front of a big wreath and have pictures, but he was sure the flowers all clustered together like that were definitely up to no good and so he did what any sensible horse would do, prance and dance and snort, so we just did our victory lap and got the heck out of there.


Note the blue ribbon, blowing in the wind. Ah, if only the day had stopped right here, and there hadn't been the debacle that followed. It was full of yelling (by my teachers), confusion (me and Bingo), snorting and fear (mostly Bingo but a little bit me), and the vaproizing of my dreams of representin' in the next Olympics!

He is gorgeous though!

1 comment:

mountainmelody said...

You are too funny! Love the title. :)

I have to say the thing that sticks out about these pictures and impresses me most is your posture. Well, maybe it looks a little uncomfortable. But you'll never have a hump on your back if you keep sitting up that straight!