Monday, April 6, 2009

Toby, Wrinkles, and Deer, oh my

Well, it was another delightful weekend. I'm not even sure what to do with myself and all my plesantly spent days. I'm used to being asked, "What did you do this weekend?" and replying, "Nothing really."

I went with Rachel to her parent's house to stay with her younger brother while her parents where out of town. Her cousin Codie, who has featured in earlier post, came as well and we had a merry time of movie watching, sunbathing, snacking, and reading. You can of course read about it all here: Twilight, the Directionally Challenged and Sun Bathing and here: Good Eatin' and the Movies

Toby found a basketball, which is the joy and delight of his life. He can play like this for hours, literally! He won't stop, even when he's exhausted. I have to take the ball away from him or he'll just keep playing until he throws up. That's Miami (Rachel's dog) doing the fly by.





I have reached that age where the sun is no longer my friend, gone are the days when it kissed me, leaving that nice glowy color of health. Instead now it cackles at me, trying to lure me with it's seemingly innocent comfy warmth, all the while leaving sunspots and crepeing up skin that doesn't have the collegen count it once had. I stayed covered with 30 sunscreen, a hat, and as many clothes as possible. I still had a perfectly lovely afternoon reading under all my protection. I'm reading The Sisters Grimm series. They are for kids, but way fun! (leah, rachel, codie)


The pier we reposed on. (codie)


View from the pier.


I got up early on Sunday and was sitting by the window that looked down to the water. Codie had told me the morning before that sometimes you could see deer swimming from the island back up to the shore. I was thinking about how cool that would be when down on the path a little fawn stepped out. Then another one came after it. Followed by several does. I jumped up and sprinted to the bedroom for the camera.


It's a tad too far away to see but I circled the doe.






Low pixel, close up.













2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm loving it too!! :) That video is to funny! :)

mountainmelody said...

Impressively long update! :) And I have to say that it's hilarious that Toby will keep chasing the ball until he gets sick. Dogs aren't the smartest things...