Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Friends are Funny!

I feel incredibly fortunate to have so many truly clever and eccentric people in my life. It makes this journey so much more interesting. Here is a brief dialogue from my recent time in Tulsa with my delightful Gilmore-witty-esque friend Jeni Copelin.

Jeni (to me): I have a haircut at 1:45, help me remember.
Me: Okay, but you know I can't remember things either.
Jeni: I know.
Julie (Jeni's aunt): Write it on your hand.
Jeni: Yea, I'll write a little note in marker. Oh, I'll draw a line for a hair. When I look at it I'll wonder, "Why do I have a line on my hand? Oh yea, it's a hair. Why do I have a hair? Right, I have a haircut." And I'll put a 10 by it, because 1 plus 4 plus 5 is 10.
Julie (sarcastically): that makes sense
Jeni: I don't want everyone knowing my plans.

We took almost no pics while I was there and as I feel most blog entries should have at least one pic I'm including these from our fav Gilmore Girl epi.

I want to go to a secret gauzy tent party in the forest!

And I REALLY want to jump off a tall scafoldy thing with an umbrella...

while wearing a fancy dress!


(photos of Season 5, Episode 7 You Jump, I Jump, Jack)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I watched that episode online the other day—loved it! And you have very clever friends, indeed. ;)

Leah said...

I do have clever friends, friend! ;) As soon as I saw that episode with it's gauze, brocade, and umbrellas all my angsty longing for wonder-filled adventure, that I've worked so hard to calm down, came rushing back. I'm okay now though. Seriously those harnesses had to be uncomfortable. That's what I tell myself.

Anonymous said...

I want to attend the tent party!!!!!!!!!

Paul and Sarah said...

Im so happy that Rachel got you hooked to Gilmore Girls!! I love to watch it all the time. Hopefully one day they will make a comeback!!!

Leah Williams said...

i agree. maybe i'll plan one of these. or something like it. and then i'll probably invite you. maybe. ;)